The information below provides snapshot statistics of the Housing Authority. The public housing (PH) unit count of 331 includes 99 PH units that are managed by WCRMS, an affiliate entity.
Please see Housing Developments for detailed descriptions and photographs of all of the PH sites.
Just the Numbers - January 2011
- Average family income in Public Housing is $13,000.
- Average monthly rent is $288.
- 20% of HACC Families receive public assistance.
- 35% of HACC families are headed by persons over 62 years of age.
- 28% of HACC population are under the age of 18.
- 800 families are currently on the waiting list for Public Housing.
- 430 families are currently on the waiting list for Section 8 Housing.
- The average vacancy rate for HACC apartments is 10%.
Staff & Budget
Board Members: 5.
Executive Staff: 3.
Housing Choice Vouchers: 1531.
Public Housing Units: 331.
County of Chester's Department of Community Development has extensive information including reference information about affordable housing, transportation, employment, etc. It also has interesting reports and articles.